Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Little Tip


One of Maggie's friends passed a tip on to me and I think it's BRILLIANT! And, as stated here numerous times before (ad nauseum), I am a giver, so I will share it with you. First, a warning, if you have a week stomach, read no further or close your eyes and don't look at the pictures and scroll down to the tip I'm sharing.

Remember how I burned the bejeebers out of my hand making Snickers popcorn? When it first happened it looked like this:



Know what I could've used? An icepack! Guess what I didn't have on hand? Somehow all of our ice packs were strewn about the house (damn you, football!) and they were thawed. Guess what else? Our ice maker wasn't working. We had NO ICE IN THE HOUSE! Super. It was then--in the middle of pain--that I remembered Maggie's friend's tip: Fill a Ziploc bag with dishwashing liquid, zip it closed and put it in the freezer. It makes a wonderful flexible ice pack.

Great to have around for aches, pains, sprains, and oh yeah, burns! It's inexpensive and I don't worry about the stuff inside oozing out if it breaks, like I do with those other ice packs. Thanks, Katie, for the great tip!

And just in case you wondered, my hand now looks like this:


So pretty! And fun to threaten my children with! "Aaaarrrggghh!! Beware the blistered hand!! The blistered hand will get you!!"

I am so fun to live with.

Please come back. I promise not to show you anymore gross pictures of my burned appendages. Pinky swear. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh BLISTERED PINKY SWEAR!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Really. I promise.

blog comments powered by Disqus