Monday, August 29, 2011

I Love...

These are some things that I find myself loving lately:


The Temper Trap--this band makes me happy. I am particularly enamored of the song "Fader" at the moment.

The voices of Nataly Dawn, from the duo Pomplamoose, and jazz singer Sara Gazarek. Either of these ladies could sing the phone book to me and I would sit in rapt attention.

Edy's Slow Churned Rich & Creamy Light ice cream in the 5.8 ounce cup. It's a perfect portion and it tastes delicious. It's a great thing to hide in my freezer so the kids can't find it keep on hand when the craving for ice cream hits. Because of its small size, I can't overdo on the portion--which is a tendency when I have a scoop in my hand--yet I feel as if I've had enough to soothe the craving.

Do you instagram? I have been at it for a few months and I am completely hooked.

Ditto for Pinterest. If you have never heard of Pinterest, it's essentially an electronic bulletin board where you "pin" pictures of things that you like. You can have as many "boards" as you want and "pin" different images to each board that fit a theme of your choosing. For instance, if I am reading blogs and I come across an idea for a project I like, I just hit the "Pin It" button on my dashboard and pin it to my "diy board". You can even look at other peoples' boards and re-pin images that they have pinned to their boards. Then, when you want to go directly to the source of the image, you just click on the image on your pinboard and it takes you there. I have boards for recipes, diy ideas, organization ideas, books, photos I love, etc. I have to be careful, however, as I can find myself drawn in and it can be a time suck.

I found the site design-seeds.com through Pinterest. I love looking there and finding color palettes that I might want to use in my home.

Walking in the morning after my kids leave for school has been a great way to start my day. I just started logging my progress at dailymile.com and like seeing how my workouts accumulate. The bonus to walking is, I get to listen to my ipod without people(and by people, I mean my family--because so far, I haven't had random strangers) coming up, tugging on my shirt and interrupting my music. The downside is when "Tequila" comes on and I get the overwhelming urge to do the "big shoe dance" from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" right out there in public.

We just started streaming Netflix about a month ago. I love it and don't know why we didn't do it sooner. Related: Because Netflix also has t.v. programs in their library, I've finally been able to see what all the fuss about "Friday Night Lights" is. Why didn't anyone tell me about that show 5 years ago?!? I am obsessed.

A friend told me about Katrina Anne Willis' blog a few months ago. She used to be a local, but then her family relocated to the South. She is a great writer who has made me laugh and cry and wish that I had had the chance to know her "in person" while she was here. (Plus, you know, she really likes her wine, so there's that.)

Applewood smoked cheddar cheese--I could eat this stuff on wood and love it.

The start of school--yea!! My house stays clean for longer than 20 minutes!!

What have you found yourself loving these days?


blog comments powered by Disqus