Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Through My Lens

I went out the other day and took a walk. And then I took a drive. And then I almost ran out of gas. But I didn't, so the world was saved. Or not.

But I did go out, and I took my camera with me. That was something I hadn't done for awhile. On Facebook, I've been posting a photo a day of things for which I'm grateful. That has been a good exercise both for my photo skills and for my heart. But it's been a long time since I've just gone out with my camera for the sheer pleasure of shooting. I ended up with lots of images, but these are the ones I'm happiest with.

And yes, I know there are lots of images of trees, but for some reason that day they made me really happy. Especially the sycamores. There's just something about a sycamore tree that I love--I'm not sure if it's their height or their variations in bark color or their gnarled branches, but I'm drawn to them.









In the end, I came home with a full tank of gas for my van and a full tank for my spirit. Looking through a lens helps me see the world in different way and appreciate it all the more.

I hope your day is especially bright and that you can look at things in a way that you never have.

blog comments powered by Disqus