Thursday, August 12, 2010

Above Water And Sinking Fast

Hello! Did you think that I had been abducted by a roaming band of feral goats? Nah. Just in the drink and barely keeping my head above water.

School has started back again and I started back to work again. The kids are all in the same schools, but EVERYBODY has some major changes--including me. I am working 5 days a week (not all day, but 4.5 hours each day, so you know, enough to cause a fatal backlog here on the home front) and I'm working in first grade this time around. But I'm with the same dear teacher. We're a bit like Naomi and Ruth--you know, "wither thou goest" and all that. She moved up to first grade and I rode on her coattails. We are on a steep learning curve. Yowza!

The kids are all trying to get used to new teachers and new lockers and new bus drivers and different principals and, for one of them, uniforms. Plus football has started for both James and Sean, so they've had the extremely lovely experience of running drills and such in 90+ degree heat for 2 hours each night. We are all already exhausted.

On the upside, my new mattress gets delivered today so I'm looking forward to some blissful slumber. So if my posting is light for the next week or so, you'll know that it's because I've been busy making drool stains on my new mattress trying to figure out how to serve dinner to 6 different people at four different times. I get to have all the fun. Aren't you jealous?

blog comments powered by Disqus