Monday, March 30, 2009

Laundry Gone Wild!!!


This is what happens when you turn your back on the laundry for a couple of days.

Searching for a new strategy to get the laundry done, I tried the tactic that many two year olds employ-- If I Can't See It, It Doesn't Exist. I closed the door on the laundry room on Friday hoping that one of two things would happen: a) my appliances would spontaneously develop artificial intelligence and would then sort, wash, dry and fold the clothes or b) wee laundry fairies/elves would chance to spy an opportunity to aid a frail human and take it upon themselves to sort, wash, dry and fold the clothes.

Can you guess what happened? If you selected c) NEITHER!! then you win. You are much smarter than me.

When I opened the door to the laundry room, I discovered what truly happens when you close the door and turn out the lights. Your laundry behaves like hyper-hormonal teenagers and procreates!! I had Mt. Washmore upon my hands and being the daring adventurer I am, I scaled it. Now my washer and dryer are sitting exhausted and panting in the corner, cringing and whimpering if I come near them with even something as small as a sock and my bedroom floor is covered with piles of folded laundry.

She looks scared doesn't she? As if the laundry is slowly creeping toward her, to consume her. Ahhh!!!

I can't wait to hear the whining that will surely ensue when the children come home from school and see what is waiting for them to put away. Sounds like fun, huh? Wanna come over and join the party?

Tomorrow I am sending the children to school in togas. Also? They will be going Commando.

blog comments powered by Disqus